ADRA Ukraine is a subunit of a large worldwide network that presents in 130 countries with the main Office that is situated in Washington D.C. ADRA Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1993.
Due to humanitarian response, ADRA Ukraine is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced people in 15 regions of Ukraine. ADRA Ukraine is currently looking for an experienced Award Manager for the Project.
Location: Kiev with possible travels around Ukraine (GCA, NGCA).
Starting date: ASAP
The key purpose of this role is twofold. To develop high quality, well designed funding proposals, while building excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and to support the team in the planning, securing and managing its awards. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package and reframe ADRA response strategy in ways that attract the right donor support and grow the Ukraine office portfolio effectively. S/he will liaise with relevant Technical staff to manage the technical part of proposal development and write up proposals with input from Operations, Finance, HR and Security into proposals and budgets. It also plays a lead role in award information management and shares and coordinates information across departments.
The post-holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Programs Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Oversee the development and writing of high value concept notes and proposals, helping contribute to dramatic income growth from corporate, major donors, trusts and foundations, as well as institutional donors on occasion.
• Project manage the proposal development process, securing all the required approvals and overseeing quality assurance of the programme design, including log-frames and budgets.
• Review and proof proposals for the team to ensure their quality for donors.
• Write donor-facing programme overviews to secure funding for co-financing gaps, and proposals and reports for the wider team, as required
• Ensure effective dissemination of donor compliance requirements and guidance from ADRA Members.
• Assist in resolving special donor related issue needing management attention and interfacing with ADRA members.
• Coordinate and manage the delivery of reports to donors and manage them with the responsible areas in order to meet within the estimated time.
• Management of VAT exemption letters to the sub-beneficiaries required in conjunction with the financial area.
• Inform management and coordination of the conditions of donations and manage changes when required.
• Maintenance of the physical and electronic archive of projects.
Award Management Implementation
• Organise the kick-off meeting (Regulations, Report Timelines, Budget) and in the close-out of the projects (Correct closing, on time) ensuring that these meetings are held at the beginning and end of each project.
• Ensure that relevant information on grant management is effectively shared with interested staff, partners or stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance with grant management formats and steps.
• Coordinate the conduct of audits when requested by donors, accompanying the financial area.
• Carry out alerts with the corresponding areas in order to comply with donor requirements. (formats, dates, indicators, information)
• Provide updated information and analysis of the entire donation management process.
Additional job responsibilities
• The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties assigned by the Area Director within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling ADRA’s values.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self, takes responsibility for own personal development.
• Widely shares personal vision for ADRA, engages and motivates others.
• Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners.
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
• Always acts in the best interests of organization.
Required Educational Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Management or related discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum three years of experience
• Outstanding project management and coordination skills, including an ability to manage high volume workload.
• An understanding of programme design, ideally with field experience in programme delivery or grant management.
• High levels of numeracy and previous budget preparation experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complex issues to a variety of audiences.
• An eye for detail and the confidence and ability to review a high volume of information quickly and accurately.
• Understanding of NGO grant management.
• Previous experience working in a non-profit organization.
• Ability to manage a complex and varied workload; to work effectively under pressure; and to organise and prioritise work to ensure departmental deadlines are met.
• An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting and across teams
• Solid skills in Microsoft applications. Experience managing content on intranet type systems a plus.
• Ability to challenge and negotiate assertively and cooperatively with senior staff.
• Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and awareness of what constitutes good practice.
• Experience in writing successful high value institutional donor funding proposals is desirable.
• Management experience
Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their CV in English, with full contact address, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and provided with additional information.