The Finance Manager will be primarily responsible for processing non-cash transactions and record keeping in compliance with ADRA financial policies and procedures and in line with local law requirements. This person will assist in reporting to ADRA Ukraine, Donors and local tax authorities.
- Account and track ADRA Ukraine resources in accordance with policies and regulations of ADRA Ukraine and Donors;
- Ensure proper accounting of prices, including all entries into 1C Accounting Software/Quick Book/SunPlus, presence of supporting documentation, reconciliation of staff and bank reconciliation, prepaid expense reconciliation, liability reconciliations, payroll, monthly cash advance requests and financial reporting in conformity with ADRA and Donors’ standards;
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures and controls as well as monthly accounting calendar;
- Ensure accuracy of financial reporting and timely submission of field reports to ADRA Ukraine;
- Review and monitor payment of all procurement and service contracts to ensure that payment is made based on deliverables received with required documentation in accordance with ADRA Ukraine and Donor Policies.
- Ensure that internal controls are established at all levels to minimize risk and unallowable costs and respond in a timely manner to any audit findings;
- Assist the Project Manager in creating budgets for existing programs and new proposals;
- Review and analyze program incomings, ensure accuracy of expenditure reporting;
- Oversee all financial management-related aspects of program closeout and start-up
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Identify and implement improvements and efficiencies of processes
- Ensure compliance with internal control rules
- Report any anomaly to management and ADRA Ukraine
- Oversee day-to-day office operations and support the Finance/Logistics & HR management and staffing needs;
- Oversee procurement of goods and services that it will be in compliance with rules and regulations of ADRA and Donors;
- Oversee payroll and ensure that processing is accurate and timely;
- Ensure that ADRA’s Finance, IT and Office policies and procedures are strictly followed;
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by ADRA Ukraine;
Required Educational Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in the field of Economy, Accounting or Finance Management.
- Experience and skills
- At least 5 years of experience in management accountant/audit (project financing)
- Good skills in information system
- Good knowledge in accounting
➢ Strong knowledge of Ukrainian legislation related to finance, HR and accounting;
➢ Proven experience in designing and conducting trainings; strong presentation skills.
➢ Experience in developing and improving monitoring and data collection systems.
➢ Strong interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
➢ Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets.
➢ Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring support
➢ Some experience of representation and ability to represent ADRA effectively in external forums.
➢ Knowledge of institutional Donors and experience in developing proposals.
➢ Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
➢ Fluency in both Ukrainian and Russian.
➢ A high level of written and spoken English.
➢ Excellent Computer skills.
➢ Experience or knowledge in community participation.
➢ The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
➢ Commitment to the aims and principles of ADRA.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com