Shelter Assistant in essential services in urban settings (construction, emergency relief planning) able to help assess, plan, design and implement projects in those contexts, according to standards and procedures .
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of Shelter program administrative procedures
- Contribute to identification of data protection risks and needs in the context of the program implementation
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by line manager.
- Assist the Technical Officer with structural assessments of buildings and propose technical solutions for materials assistance, repair, rehabilitation and/or reconstruction, and provide technical information for development of work plans, technical specifications, bills of quantities (BoQs), cost estimates, structural drawings (CAD).
- Assist the Technical Officer with assessing the completion of works, and prepare recommendations for payments, interim and final payment certificates
- Assist the Project Officers in registration of beneficiaries; post distribution monitoring; and/or verification of assistance distributions in line with policies and donor requirements
- Community Engagement in administrative coordination processes with other departments
- Administrative work in relation to beneficiary liaison/correspondence
- Conduct field trips, where necessary, to liaise with beneficiaries during all stages of the activities, for signing agreements and/or gathering other project relevant documentations
- Ensure that all relevant documents required by the supporting functions as Finance and Procurement are produced and provided by Shelter team
- Assist Shelter team with filing and archiving of the project documentation in Office 365 Proofreading of the beneficiaries’ agreements
- Prepare documentation package required for processing of the program payments
Requried competencies for this position:
- 3+ year experience in job functions mentioned above
- University degree
- Knowledge of computer programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD
- Excellent time management skills and ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize a complex workload and to work autonomously as needed
- Valid driver’s license.
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Previous experience in humanitarian sector
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- B1 level of spoken and written English
- Willingness to work in demanding, stressful situations with respect for basic security rules.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com