Finance Managers analyze every day financial activities and provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. They are the root of all major business decisions and their role is crucial to the success of any organization.
Typical duties include reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing financial forecasts. The position of Finance Manager usually requires an advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, or finance, as well as several years of experience in a finance role.
Responsibilities for Finance Manager:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior company leadership
- Support project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests
- Manage company’s financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensure accuracy of financial reporting and timely submission of field reports to ADRA Ukraine
- Review and monitor payment of all procurement and service contracts to ensure that payment is made based on deliverables received with required documentation in accordance with ADRA Ukraine and Donor Policies.
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare budgets for existing programs and new proposals;
- Review and analyze program incomings, ensure accuracy of expenditure reporting;
- Oversee all financial management-related aspects of program closeout and start-up
- Identify and implement improvements and efficiencies to processes
- Ensure compliance with internal control rules
- Report any anomaly to the management and ADRA Ukraine
Qualifications for Finance Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting;
- 5 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools such as SQL, Access, etc.
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluency in both Ukrainian and Russian
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Excellent Computer skills