Position Title: Grants Compliance Manager
Reports to: Programs Director
Reporting to the Programs Director, the Grants Compliance Manager will develop and implement tools to support and monitor donor requirement compliance with donor guidelines, applicable local regulations, and generally accepted grants management standards. The Grants Compliance Manager will also coordinate and manage donor-led, grant-specific audits. In each of these areas, the Grants Compliance Manager will ensure that key staff have the tools, support, training and capacity to implement policies and procedures necessary for donor compliance, and clearly and accurately demonstrate that compliance in audits and donor assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each project has adequate policies and procedures in place, and staff with the capacity and support to implement those policies and procedures, to facilitate compliance with common donor guidelines.
- Coordinate with planning and project management staff to respond to donor inquiries and to ensure that compliance-related costs are included in proposal budgets.
- Complete grants compliance checklists for all awards, circulate the checklists to relevant staff, and ensure that the project management staff understand and have the resources to comply with the donor terms applicable to their project related activities.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with donor requirements by working with project managers, and finance managers to confirm and, where needed, build capacity for adherence to key policies and procedures.
- Respond to questions regarding interpretation or application of donor guidelines.
- Coordinate and manage grant-specific audits; monitor and support on implementation and communication of post-audit corrective actions.
- Develop and implement tools to increase the visibility of and access to grant compliance information across the ADRA Ukraine office; prepare materials for and conduct trainings on compliance matters of importance throughout the country operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field.
- 3+ years of grant management and compliance experience, and management of international awards.
- Experience in working in hostile environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of programs.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse and multi-country teams.
- Proven skills in concise and succinct report writing.
- Fluent in Ukranian (written and spoken).
- Experience in NGO operations.
- Experience in designing and delivering Training.
- Additional language(s) – ideally English