Title: MEAL Coordinator
Reports to: MEAL Director
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is a global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
All candidates must understand, respect and honor the mission, purpose, and identity of ADRA International
The MEAL Coordinator will be responsible to provide methodological and technical support for the development and implementation of established monitoring and evaluation systems for ADRA Ukraine programs in relief, emergency & development. This requires close communication and providing timely and relevant information with all involved in MEAL design and coordination: core project and partner MEAL staff; project directors, external consultants and field staff when appropriate.
Critical tasks for the MEAL Coordinator are maintaining the MEAL systems and ensuring they are implemented effectively by key stakeholders. Also, he/she should review and revise progress reports; document lessons learned and project case studies to be reported to internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development, statistics, or a related discipline.
- 2+ years of professional experience working in international development and monitoring and evaluation programs in development countries.
- Experience in preparing and producing MEAL Plans
- Have demonstrated analytical skills; knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring, evaluation accountability and learning tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written Ukrainian.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products or equivalent, and strong knowledge on statistical software.
- International or multicultural work experience preferred with demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Additional language skills in English will be a plus.
- Presenting and Communicating Information (3.3)- Speaks clearly and fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly.
- Writing and Reporting (4.1)- Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; writes convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner.
- Analyzing (4.3)- Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations (6.2)- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity.
- Assist the planning team as a member of proposal teams to develop monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Assist the Program Management team to responds to any comments and issue letters, and finalizes proposal MEAL deliverables when required by donors
- Lead the process for designing formats for progress reports.
- Collaborate with the Program Management team by providing advice, guidance and capacity building to ensure monitoring components are managed and implemented to satisfy the terms of the Agreements, Program targets and ADRA adopted standards.
- Assist in the preparation of project start-up, and project review materials for the different projects of ADRA Ukraine.
- Work with Program Staff to ensure quality reports are submitted to donors on time and that consolidated report information is available for learning and management purposes.
- Support programs by providing technical monitoring visits, and support the projects and technical personnel on MEAL issues.
- Support evaluations, baseline surveys and needs assessments of ADRA Ukraine projects.
- Assist with the documentation and dissemination of best practices from the country programs
- Document lessons learned and innovations.
- Produce quarterly and annual reports of both emergency and developments projects assigned.
- Check that monitoring data is up to date and they comply with quality standards required by the different donors and ADRA Ukraine.
- Support in preparing materials for trainings and other trainings as requested.
- Stay up-to-date with current MEAL trends, standards and issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, network employees, donors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (OSHA)
Person must be able to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation. Incumbent should be in optimal health for difficult and temporary below-basic living conditions at overseas location and for field travel in general.
Date of signing:
Signature of witness (HR):