Title: Project Manager/Coordinator for Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA)
Reports to: Director for Programs
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is a global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
All candidates must understand, respect and honor the mission, purpose, and identity of ADRA Ukraine.
The Project Manager for MPCA will manage the projects focused on Cash Assistance to highly vulnerable beneficiaries to support them as they meet their basic needs. The manager will be responsible for the management of the assigned project/s in the ADRA Ukraine Country Office.
The manager will provide technical direction, provide recommendations for improvements, evaluate, and build the local capacity and monitor local partners. The manager will assess current needs on an ongoing basis and assist in the business development process to ensure future funding.
The position requires and individual that has experience in emergency programming, is self-directed, flexible and highly responsive.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, economics, business administration or related field.
- Professional experience in developing and managing cash-based assistance programs.
- Experience in contracting and working with financial service providers.
- Experience in analyzing market systems.
- Good understanding of the project cycle – including beneficiary targeting, aid delivery mechanisms and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management, including for institutional donors
- Good understanding of core humanitarian standards (CHS) including safeguarding
- Experience in managing teams, including volunteers.
- Significant analytical skills and ability to suggest and implement solutions to complex project related challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, priorities and deadlines efficiently and effectively. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working within the Ukrainian and or regional context
- Language fluency in Ukrainian; second language preferably English desired
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear, appropriate decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
- Applying Expertise and Technology – Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development.
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks clearly and fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly.
- Adapting and Responding to Change – Adapts to changing circumstances; accepts new ideas and change initiatives.
- Provision of strategic direction and overall management of the assigned projects.
- Development of work plans according to project outputs and outcomes as per donor agreement.
- Lead the design and conduction of assessments and monitoring efforts and ensure strong data analysis to inform programming in collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator
- Lead the identification effort of vulnerable families in the targeted areas and ensure the high quality of the data collected during the assessment.
- Ensure that gender, environment, and protection is mainstreamed throughout activities.
- Prepare and organize the cash distributions in liaison with the relevant ADRA staff and with Financial Service Providers including the preparation of the beneficiary list, relevant supporting documents, etc.
- Liaise with local authorities, other NGOs and other relevant coordination bodies in order to avoid duplication of assistance and exclusion/inclusion errors.
- Enhance referrals pathways across programs/sectors and ensure information dissemination of project objectives to communities.
- Provide timely program reports that meet ADRA and donor requirements.
- Represent ADRA at the Cash Working Groups and other stakeholder or coordination meetings, as needed, and maintain a positive, continuous and visible presence for ADRA.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with local partners, local authorities, and communities.
- Work with other teams to ensure sound practices with regards to record keeping, compliance with donor regulations, communications, etc.
- Provide support to teams working in areas of intervention when needed and safety allows.
- Support proposal development (strategic and budgetary inputs).
- Facilitate donor visits to project sites as requested.
- Stay current with all regional and country-specific response plans by donors active in the MPCA sector, and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Up to 35% domestic and international travel required. Must have the ability to travel on short notice if necessary.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, network employees, donors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Date of signing:
Signature of witness (HR):