ADRA Ukraine continues to implement the project on Donbas – «Repair and relief services for people affected by the crisis in Eastern Ukraine» – with the financial support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany.
The project is focusing on conflict-affected people living along the contact line and IDPs, including those who have limited access to basic needs and use negative coping strategies. At the same time, the selection criteria include the following vulnerable groups:
- Elderly people without adult children to care for them
- Handicapped people
- People with oncological diseases
- Victims of gender-based violence
- Families with single parents
- Families with 3 or more children
- Households with low income
- Families which have lost a family member in the conflict
- Families with destroyed or damaged houses
- Households which have lost their source of income because of the conflict
The project is implementing in the following areas:
- Providing permanent shelter and assistance in preparing for the winter for the most vulnerable population (Shelter + Winterization).
- Improving of mental and physical health (physiotherapeutic massages, individual and group psychosocial consultations) of the inhabitants of Donbas (PSS).
- Providing sanitation, fast and constant access to fresh drinking water (WASH).
- Supporting full and non-discriminatory access to quality basic services to people living in hard-to-reach areas along the contact line (RELIEF).